Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Backend Developer (Seven/Sportsbook)
Our success story is not something that happened by chance. A combination of global products, great, passionate people, and specific culture played a key role in our growth. NSoft's core business is creating products for the entertainment industry, and we have a lot of fun in the process, but the well-being of NSofters and the success of our partners is the number 1 goal for us.
There are multiple reasons why employees choose NSoft. Career development and senior expert colleagues are certainly the most important ones. Business and partner opportunities are coming on a daily basis so they want to be part of the world wide team that Sportradar stands and supports. Learning is a process and it is ok to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them. We, as a company, have been there. Time and effort that is invested in people can’t be paid. Salary is tailored according to your skill and knowledge.
- Implement domain definitions within the backend system. Collaborate in creation and give feedback to product requirements.
- Make the implementation reliable and scalable so that your colleges or you don't receive support calls.
- Learn. Either domain, technology which we are working with or technology which we want to explore.
- No system is perfect so suggest improvements in technical or domain implementation at any time - especially during team plannings.
- You’re passionate about technology and highly motivated to self improve. This comes before any experience expectation.
- 2+ years of industry experience in software development is desirable. Having less than this is not a blocker but you would have to demonstrate higher than mid-dev skills.
- Experience working with java programming language (1.8+). If you are not a java user then we expect you to be familiar with concepts and have experience with other similar languages.
- Experience working with RDBMS. If you haven’t worked with any then we expect knowledge of concepts, pros and cons.
- Experience with building highly scalable (scale-out) front-facing backend adapters (HTTP, websockets, grpc) and stream processing systems which rely on Apache Kafka and/or RMQ/Redis streams. If you don’t have experience then we expect knowledge of concepts and tradeoffs of specific approaches.
Nice to have:
- We believe in unit testing. So it would be nice that you are already writing tests with features which you’re developing.
- Experience with Spring Boot framework.
- Experience with software containers and container orchestration platforms. This is especially the case for Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with build, deployment and development tools.
- Experience with nodejs and php.
Why do NSofters stay? 5 is more than just a number.
According to the global employee tenure data, the average number of years an employee spends in a tech company is 1.9, but our average is 4.8 years. We are aware that employees come and go, nothing is forever in business, but we are immensely proud of having over 100 employees who are here for more than 5 years.
What is our secret? Since day one, we have been focused on creating an ideal work environment, and it is not a destination, it’s a journey. We learn every day what is truly important for our employees, and at the moment, this is what work at NSoft looks like:
- You can start working anytime from 7:00 until 09:00, it’s up to you.
- If you work remotely for us, we provide additional equipment for your home office.
- Although our workflow is a hybrid combination of on-site and remote work, we offer full remote for senior developers.
- We take care of your kids’ future through NSoft Junior Academy - specialized STEM educational workshops.
- You probably read a lot that we are not a family, but we support your family getting bigger through various perks. Besides 1-year-long maternity leave, every father gets 10-day additional paid leave. The equal number of days is for your wedding and HoneyMoon as well.
- Employee feedback is at the highest shelf for us, which is why we constantly collect data through 1-on-1 talks and via Orgnostic, our employee data analytics platform.
- Having dozens of products requires continuous education and growing daily, which is why we have developed custom-made Career, Leadership, Technical, and various Soft Skills workshops for NSofters.
- As we said, there is a 99.9% chance that at least one NSofter can help you out with anything. Reaching out will be easier with a business phone number and enough gigabytes to watch all seasons of Game of Thrones.
Want to learn more about our All-in-one Flexible Sports Betting Software? Feel free to visit NSoft website.
We are a team of 320+, we are everything we need to be to make our products world-class. We take our business seriously, always focused on the growth of our products, and it is something you can tell right after you step foot into our office. But we take our work environment and fun seriously as well.
Want to join? Feel free to apply. We are excited to hear from you!
If you still have some doubts, please do not hesitate to ask us anything through the application form, our social media channels, or at [email protected].